Monday, August 8, 2016

Pineapple Caipirinha

When my mom and I were on a Girls Weekend Getaway, we met a lovely Brazilian couple who told us all about Caipirinhas.  My mom had tasted the cocktail previously, but I never had.  When I came across this recipe, I was inspired to make a Brazilian meal featuring the drink!  It's refreshing, tasty, and perfect for the hottest of summer days. And, since it's been 100 degrees in DC for the last week or so, I had an excuse to whip up a bunch. These are an amazing signature drink, or the foundation for a themed dinner party, which is certainly my favorite kind! Saúde!

1 1/2 cups pureed fresh pineapple (2 cups diced)
1 cup cachaca (you can use light rum or vodka in a pinch)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
crushed ice
lime slices
pineapple wedges

Whisk together pureed pineapple, cachaca, lime juice, and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.  Divide among 4 glasses filled with crushed ice.  Garnish with lime slices and pineapple wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment